Tour #3 – The Camp and Cape 3 night Special
Wilderness walking, luxury camping and a night at one of the coast’s most iconic sites.
This Tour is the cream of the crop – offering both luxury camping and a night at the wonderful Green Cape Light Station
Experience our classic 3-day Light to Light Walk tour, with 2 nights in luxury camps along the Wilderness Coast, plus an extra night in comfort at Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages, one of the best vantage points in the world for land-based marine whale watching.
Fully-supported hike from Boyd’s Tower to Green Cape Lighthouse.
Luxury camping at Saltwater Creek and Bittangabee Bay. Hot showers, comfy beds, cooked meals.
One night in the beautifully renovated Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages.
All gear provided. You carry only a light day pack.
All meals and snacks during the hike, delicious and healthy local food, and your choice of drinks.
$1,100 per person, twin share.
$1,400 per person, single tent, twin share @ Green Cape.
The iconic 3-day Light to Light Walk follows some of southeast Australia’s most spectacular coastline.
And during the northern and southern migration of Humpback whales, it is Australia’s #1 shore-based whale watching destination.
In many locations along the track you will have a clear and close view of the mighty Pacific Ocean and a chance to witness majestic humpback whales as they slowly make their way north to the breeding grounds or south to Antarctica.
But that’s not all you’ll see. Keep an eye out for the endangered Eastern Ground Parrot or a pod of Killer Whales. When we’re in camp, you might spot a cheeky little possum or a cute little bandicoot as you chill by the fire with your glass of red.
And finish with an exclusive evening at remote and wonderful Green Cape Lighthouse, enjoying a hearty home-cooked meal and a luxurious bed to cap off your unique wilderness weekend.
We’ve got everything covered. Walk the Wilderness Coast with the support of Light to Light Camps.
We are now taking bookings.
Use the contact form, below, to make an enquiry. You’ll hear back from us within 24 hours. Or, if you prefer, call Jenny Robb at 0429 961 047.
- A special edition of the Light to Light Walk, featuring an extra night in comfort at Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages, one of the best vantage points for land-based whale watching in the world.
- Watch for migrating whales, plus Killer Whales and dolphins.
- 32km through unspoiled coastal wilderness in the Ben Boyd National Park.
- Wilderness with luxury – we carry your gear, set up your tent, ensuite camp shower and camp beds. Memory-foam mattresses, percale sheets, luxurious sleeping bags, pillows and towels.
- Hidden beaches, native forest, and wild views of the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
- World-class fishing, diving, bird watching, and an abundance of Australian wildlife (including kangaroos and wallabies!)
- Healthy and fresh local food prepared for you, including a classic Australian barbecue, local dairy and baked goods, local meats and great Australian wines and beers.
- Local knowledge – we know the area, its history, and the myriad flora and fauna species you’ll see along the way.
- The best outdoor recreation gear, including Suunto GPS equipment, OzTent tents, sleeping bags and beds, and Mont backpacks. (And hot water bottles to keep your toes warm!)
- Capture and share photos and video of your Light to Light experience – we’ll keep all your toys charged, and find mobile phone coverage for you if you need it.
Day #1: 13.2km. Pickup 7 a.m.
We’ll pick you up from your local accommodation in Eden or Merimbula and drive you to the start of the walk at Boyd’s Tower, in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park.
At Boyd’s Tower, we fit your daypack for comfort and check your gear before you leave us to begin your trek.
You can take your time. Have a lunch break at one of the beautiful beaches along the way, then continue on until you reach camp at Saltwater Creek. We’ll be there to greet you.
Then enjoy a hot shower, settle in for nibbles and a drink before dinner is served by the campfire. Finish with something sweet and tea or coffee, before you snuggle into luxurious sheets and sleeping bag for a well earned rest.
Day #2: 9.5km.
Enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast in the campsite or on Saltwater Beach while we pack your snacks for the next section, refill your water and check your gear. Then off you go.
The walk on this day is quite a bit shorter. You’ll be blown away again by the amazing scenery. You’re encouraged to stop along the way for refreshments and to take in the stunning and peaceful surrounds – we’ll tell you about all the best spots that only the locals know!
Then it’s on to our campsite at beautiful Bittangabee Bay.
Lunch will be ready for you when you arrive. Then, the afternoon is yours. Rest up or explore the amazing coastline and beach.
Optional tours include snorkeling or sea kayaking. Explore the ruins on the bay before settling in for an evening by the campfire.
Day #3. 8km.
After breakfast, you begin walking the last leg of the journey – Bittangabee to Green Cape Lighthouse.
This part of the walk reveals sections of nice and shady ti-tree forest, and open heath where you may spot a kangaroo or a very rare ground parrot.
Perched high on the tip of Green Cape where the Pacific meets the Southern Ocean, the 360 degree views from Green Cape lighthouse often take in seals, whales and dolphins playing off the coast.
We’ll lay out a picnic at one of the viewing spots around the cape. Afterwards, we’ll take a short walk back in time to the small graveyard where lie the 71 victims of the Ly-ee-Moon shipwreck in 1886.
You can kick back and relax now. Celebrate your achievement whilst enjoying the view – and whale-watching – from the rocky outcrops or your cottage verandah.
Settle in for a hearty warm meal in your cosy accommodation while you share stories of your adventure. Sink into a comfortable bed and let the atmosphere massage you into a great night’s sleep.
After a delicious breakfast, we’ll transport you back to Eden (or beyond, if pre-arranged), furnished with insider recommendations on the best local restaurants and spots to enjoy lunch or coffee in this little fishing town that is truly one of Australia’s hidden gems.
Book your Light to Light Adventure today – contact us below.