Supported hike from Green Cape Lighthouse to Boyd’s Tower.
A night in the beautifully renovated Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages.
Luxury camping at Saltwater Creek, with hot showers, comfy beds, ensuite tents, cooked meals.
All gear provided. You carry only a light day pack.
All meals and snacks during the hike, delicious and healthy local food, plus drinks of your choice.
$1,000 per person, twin share.
$1,300 per person, single tent.
TOUR GUIDE: Additional $400 per group per day.
The Light to Light Walk, comfortably.
This tour was specially designed for the cooler months, but it’s great any time of year for folks who want to enjoy both an outdoor camping experience, and a night in the wonderful Green Cape Lighthouse Cottage.
It’s spectacular any time of year, but winter is a great time to walk the Wilderness Coast.
The temperatures are pretty mild, with daytime temps averaging between 15-18°C.
And while the nights get cool, that’s the perfect time to enjoy a roaring camp fire, your own private hot shower and luxurious beds, sheets and sleeping bags. We’ve even got hot water bottles to keep your toes warm.
Plus, you’ll avoid any crowds, and have the isolated, pristine beaches and stunning headlands to yourself.
Located in Ben Boyd National Park in Australia’s Coastal Wilderness region, the 31km track passes rock dating back over 400 million years, a marine environment with incomparable diversity, coastal heath and forests of Banksia and Ti-tree.
Ancient Aboriginal shell middens on the shores showcase a resource-rich ocean. The stories of an incredible and long-lasting relationship between whalers and Killer Whales adds to the mystery and wonder of this place.
This place is very special. Explore it at your own pace without the burden of tents, food and water, and be spoiled at the end of the day with delicious dinners, a hot shower and luxurious camp beds, sleeping bags, sheets and towels.
We’ve got you covered. Walk the wilderness coast with the support of Light to Light Camps.
We are now taking bookings.
Use the contact form at the bottom of the page. You’ll hear back from us within 24 hours.
Or, if you prefer, call Jenny Robb at 0429 961 047.
- 31km through unspoiled coastal wilderness in the Ben Boyd National Park.
- Wilderness with luxury – we carry your gear, set up your tent, ensuite camp shower and camp beds. Memory-foam mattresses, percale sheets, luxurious sleeping bags, pillows and towels.
- First night in the beautifully renovated Green Cape Lighthouse Cottages.
- Hidden beaches, native forest, and wild views of the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
- During season, watch migrating whales, killer whales and dolphins.
- World-class fishing, diving, bird watching, and an abundance of Australian wildlife (including kangaroos and wallabies!)
- Healthy and fresh local food prepared for you, including a classic Australian barbecue, local dairy and baked goods, local meats and great Australian wines and beers.
- Local knowledge – we know the area, its history, and the myriad flora and fauna species you’ll see along the way.
- The best outdoor recreation gear, including Suunto GPS equipment, OzTent tents, sleeping bags and beds, and Mont backpacks.
- Capture and share photos and video of your Light to Light experience – we’ll keep all your toys charged, and find mobile phone coverage for you if you need it.
We’ll pick you up from your local accommodation just after lunch, and drive out to the remote and wonderful Green Cape Lighthouse, where we’ll stay overnight in the beautifully renovated Cottage 3.
You’ll enjoy a tour of the Lighthouse and surrounding features such as City Rock, Pulpit Rock and the Ly-Ee-Moon cemetery before retiring to the cottage for the evening.
Day #2 – 17.4km
You’ve got a 17.4km trek ahead of you – so we’ll get you up and fuelled with a delicious breakfast fairly early.
Expect to be fed and dressed, armed with your freshly packed snacks and lunch, and on the track before 8 a.m.
This first section of the Light to Light Walk (heading north) will take you firstly through some low heath – look out for the rare Eastern Ground Parrot or the ears of a kangaroo here.
You’ll then move through some shady ti-tree forest (we’ve seen an equally rare juvenile Rose-crowned Fruit Dove here!).
Pass by Bittangabee Bay – you can walk via the ruins and the beach.
Cross expansive red rock platforms, before moving into more heath, paperbark and ti-tree. Watch out for wallabies and goannas.
You’ll know Saltwater – come down a small hill and see the stunning white surf beach in front of you.
Your campsite is right behind the beach. Enjoy a hot shower, a warm campfire and a delicious meal – all set up and prepared for you by us.
The cosy, luxurious beds are rated to below zero temps and we’ve even got hot water bottles to keep you toasty.
Day #3 – 13.7km
Breakfast by the campfire while we prepare your lunch, and off you go again.
This walk is 13.7 km (add extra for detours for photos!) of the most spectacular coastline you are ever likely to encounter.
Mind-blowing beauty, rugged red rocks and sapphire waters. Clean and remote beaches.
Be ready to be impressed. Make sure you’ve got ample space on your camera card.
We will be waiting for you at Boyd’s Tower, a local gem of a place that you’ll be at your leisure to explore. The tower dominates a landscape that takes pride of place in everybody’s holiday album.
Unique and ancient geological features, big kelp forests swaying along the intertidal zone and an impressive diversity of birdsong.
Relax those weary legs as we take you and your gear back to your accommodation in Eden, Pambula or Merimbula.
Book your Light to Light Adventure today – contact us below.