Tour #1 – The Classic Light to Light Adventure
3 Days, 2 Nights – Boyd’s Tower to Green Cape Lighthouse
Supported hike from Boyd’s Tower to Green Cape Lighthouse.
Luxury camping at Saltwater Creek. Hot showers, comfy beds, ensuite tents, cooked meals.
All gear provided. You carry only a light day pack.
All meals and snacks during the hike, delicious and healthy local food, plus drinks of your choice.
$950 per person, twin share.
$1,200 per person, single tent.
TOUR GUIDE: Additional $400 per group per day.
The Light to Light Walk – comfortably.
The iconic 3-day Light to Light Walk follows some of southeast Australia’s most spectacular coastline.
Located in Ben Boyd National Park in Australia’s Coastal Wilderness region, the 31-kilometre track passes rock dating back over 400 million years, a marine environment with incomparable diversity, coastal heath and forests of Banksia and Ti-tree.
Ancient Aboriginal shell middens on the shores showcase a resource-rich ocean. The stories of an incredible and long-lasting relationship between whalers and Killer Whales adds to the mystery and wonder of this place.
This place is very special. Explore it at your own pace without the burden of tents, food and water, and be spoiled at the end of the day with delicious dinners, a hot shower and luxurious camp beds, sleeping bags, sheets and towels.
We’ve got you covered. Walk the wilderness coast with the support of Light to Light Camps.
We are now taking bookings.
Use the contact form at the bottom of the page to make an enquiry. You’ll hear back from us within 24 hours.
Or, if you prefer, call Jenny Robb at 0429 961 047.
- 31km through unspoiled coastal wilderness in the Ben Boyd National Park.
- Wilderness with luxury – we carry your gear, set up your tent, shower and bed. Memory-foam mattresses, percale sheets, luxurious sleeping bags, pillows and towels.
- Hidden beaches, native forest, and wild views of the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
- During season, watch migrating whales, killer whales and dolphins.
- World-class scenery, bird watching, and an abundance of Australian wildlife (including kangaroos and wallabies!)
- Healthy and fresh local food prepared for you, including a classic Australian barbecue, local dairy and baked goods, local meats and great Australian wines and beers.
- Local knowledge – we know the area, its history, and the myriad flora and fauna species you’ll see along the way.
- The best outdoor recreation gear, including Mont daypacks, OzTent tents, sleeping bags, beds and chairs.
- Capture and share photos and video of your Light to Light experience – we’ll keep all your toys charged, and find mobile phone coverage for you if you need it.
Day #1: 13.7km. Pickup 7 a.m.
We’ll either pick you up from Eden or meet you at our place at Kiah (11.67km south of Eden). We’ll go through the daypack contents, fit the pack to you personally and then drive you to the start of the walk at Boyd’s Tower, in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park.
You can take your time. Have a lunch break at one of the beautiful beaches along the way, then continue on until you reach camp at Saltwater Creek. We’ll be there to greet you.
Then enjoy a hot shower, settle in for nibbles and a drink before dinner is served by the campfire. Finish with something sweet and tea or coffee, before you snuggle into luxurious sheets and sleeping bag for a well earned rest.
Day #2: 9.6km.
Enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast while we pack your snacks for the next section, refill your water and check your gear. Then off you go. The walk on this day is quite a bit shorter, but you’ll be blown away again by the amazing scenery. You’re encouraged to stop along the way for refreshments and to take in the stunning and peaceful surrounds – we’ll tell you about all the best spots that only the locals know! Then it’s on to beautiful Bittangabee Bay where we’ll be waiting with your lunch. We’ll enjoy that at the picnic area above the beach. Then you can explore the bay and beach before we transfer you back to Saltwater Creek where we’ll settle in by the campfire for the evening.
Day #3. 7.8km.
After breakfast, we’ll get you back to Bittangabee to begin the last leg of the journey to Green Cape Lighthouse.
This part of the walk reveals sections of nice and shady ti-tree forest, and open heath where you may spot a kangaroo or a very rare Eastern ground parrot. Perched high on the tip of Green Cape where the Pacific meets the Southern Ocean, the 360 degree views from the lighthouse often take in seals, whales and dolphins playing off the coast.
We’ll serve lunch at one of the viewing spots around the cape. You’ll have a bit of time to explore the Cape a little more before we transport you back to Eden, furnished with insider recommendations on the best local restaurants and spots to enjoy a drink or a beautiful sunset in this little fishing town that is truly one of Australia’s hidden gems.
Book your Light to Light Adventure today – contact us below.