We’re off on our our final Light to Light Walk tour for 2018 tomorrow and want to thank all our previous guests and friends for their support this year. So excited about our future – we’ve already booked some tours for 2019!
So while we take a break from this side of our business, our sister business Kiah Wilderness Tours is already ramping up. We live on 65 glorious acres with a kilometre of river frontage and run small group kayak tours almost daily through the warmer months. Some of our Light to Light Walk guests have made a trip back to join us for a kayak tour – something for you to consider!
The campsites along the Light to Light Walk are fully booked out, so maybe put your walking shoes away for a month or so and check out what else is on offer.
Firstly, make sure you stay for at least a week. There’s just too much to pack into a weekend – unless you’re within 3 hours and then of course you can come every weekend!
Okay, so what else is there to do around here over summer? So much!! The Sapphire Coast is at the heart of Australia’s Coastal Wilderness, a place of unspoilt natural beauty that is world class – and uncrowded. Here are a few things we’d recommend:
- Explore the northern parts of Ben Boyd National Park – Haycock Point, Severs Beach and the Pinnacles involve only short walks but open up to amazing vistas – and beautiful clean and uncrowded beaches.
- Do the Killer Whale Trail – check out the amazing stories of the famous Davidson Whaling Family and Old Tom the Killer Whale at the Eden Killer Whale Museum – and then visit the historical Whaling Station in Ben Boyd National Park.
- Got little kids? Explore the wonders of the local marine environment at the fantastic Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre – down at the wharf in Eden. Hands-on, interactive and educational – it will keep the kids occupied for hours!
- Take the coastal drive up to beautiful Bermagui, via Merimbula, past Tura Beach, and through picturesque Tathra. A lovely drive that takes you through gorgeous green pastures and towering trees. Stop into the fantastic bird park ‘On the Perch‘ at Tathra, then enjoy a coffee at the famous Tathra Wharf. Make sure you leave room for some yummos at Bermagui’s famous Eastwood’s Deli .
- Head west and stop for a coffee and cake at the cute little General Store at Candelo.
- Keen on our award-winning local oysters? Drop into Broadwater Oysters down at the boatshed on Pambula Lake – or a take a magical oyster tour with the famous Captain Sponge. You’ll not only learn the fascinating world of oyster-farming but he’ll show you to schuck and devour them right there on the boat.
- Oh, and if you want to learn to surf – or SUP – check out Coastlife Adventures.
That should keep you occupied!
Make sure you keep an eye on our website for updates. We are rolling out some new value-adds to our popular transfers for the Light to Light Walk in 2019.
Don’t forget – you can book online right here.