Fully-supported hike from Green Cape Lighthouse to Boyd’s Tower.
Perfect for those with only a weekend to spare.
Luxury camping at Saltwater Creek, with hot showers, comfy beds, ensuite tents and cooked meals.
This tour features superb local seafood and cheeses, and top Australian wine.
All gear provided. You carry only a light day pack.
All meals and snacks during the hike, delicious and healthy local food, plus beer and wine.
$550 per person, twin share.
We know it’s sometimes hard to get a day off work. And so we designed this tour for folks who only have the weekend to play. We’ll pick you up first thing Saturday morning, and have you back at your car or accommodation on Sunday afternoon.
In between, you’ll be spoiled by fresh and delicious local food, the most stunning coastal wilderness in Australia, and full-service luxury camping.
In addition to the wild, unique and beautiful 31km Light to Light Walk, the Wilderness Coast Weekend tour takes you on an exploration of Australia’s finest local seafood.
We’ll serve up the freshest products of the sea, which will vary with whims of Mother Nature and the season, including award-winning Broadwater Oysters, Eden Mussels, fresh Eden fish, artisan gourmet smoked foods from Eden Smokehouse, as well as cheeses and yoghurts from Tilba Real Dairy. This tour is truly one for the foodies.
Located in Ben Boyd National Park in Australia’s Coastal Wilderness region, the 31km Light to Light Walk passes rock dating back over 400 million years, a marine environment with incomparable diversity, coastal heath and forests of Banksia and Ti-tree.
Ancient Aboriginal shell middens on the shores showcase a resource-rich ocean. The stories of an incredible and long-lasting relationship between whalers and Killer Whales adds to the mystery and wonder of this place.
This place is very special. Explore it at your own pace without the burden of tents, food and water, and be spoiled at the end of the day with delicious dinners, a hot shower and luxurious camp beds, sleeping bags, sheets and towels.
We’ve got you covered. Walk the wilderness coast with the support of Light to Light Camps.
We are now taking bookings.
Use the contact form, below, to make an enquiry. You’ll hear back from us within 24 hours. Or, if you prefer, call Jenny Robb at 0429 961 047.
- 31km through unspoiled coastal wilderness in the Ben Boyd National Park.
- Wilderness with luxury – we carry your gear, set up your tent, ensuite camp shower and camp beds. Memory-foam mattresses, percale sheets, luxurious sleeping bags, pillows and towels.
- Dinner features fresh local seafood and cheeses.
- Hidden beaches, native forest, and wild views of the magnificent Pacific Ocean.
- During season, watch migrating whales, killer whales and dolphins.
- World-class fishing, diving, bird watching, and an abundance of Australian wildlife (including kangaroos and wallabies!)
- Healthy and fresh local food prepared for you, including a classic Australian barbecue, local dairy and baked goods, local meats and great Australian wines and beers.
- Local knowledge – we know the area, its history, and the myriad flora and fauna species you’ll see along the way.
- The best outdoor recreation gear, including Suunto GPS equipment, OzTent tents, sleeping bags and beds, and Mont backpacks.
- Capture and share photos and video of your Light to Light experience – we’ll keep all your toys charged, and find mobile phone coverage for you if you need it.
Day #1 – 17km
We’ll pick you up from your location in Eden, Pambula or Merimbula at 7 a.m., then drive out to the remote and wonderful Green Cape Lighthouse. We’ll have coffee and breakfast on-the-go for you, as we make the drive south of Eden and deep into Ben Boyd National Park.
This first section of the Light to Light Walk (heading north) will take you firstly through some low heath – look out for the rare Eastern Ground Parrot or the ears of a kangaroo here.
You’ll then move through some shady ti-tree forest (we’ve seen an equally rare juvenile Rose-crowned Fruit Dove here!).
Pass by Bittangabee Bay – you can walk via the ruins and the beach.
Cross expansive red rock platforms, before moving into more heath, paperbark and ti-tree. Watch out for wallabies and goannas.
You’ll know Saltwater – come down a small hill and see the stunning white surf beach in front of you.
Your campsite is right behind the beach. Enjoy a hot shower, a warm campfire and a delicious meal – all set up and prepared for you by us.
The cosy, luxurious beds are rated to below zero temps. If it’s a little chilly, we’ve even got hot water bottles to keep you toasty.
Day #2 – 14km
Breakfast by the campfire while we prepare your lunch, and off you go again.
This walk is around 14 km (depending on how many times you to take detours for photos!) of the most spectacular coastline you are ever likely to encounter.
Mind-blowing beauty, rugged red rocks and sapphire waters. Clean and remote beaches.
Be ready to be impressed. Make sure you’ve got ample space on your camera card.
We will be waiting for you at Boyd’s Tower, a local gem of a place that you’ll be at your leisure to explore. The tower dominates a landscape that takes pride of place in everybody’s holiday album.
Unique and ancient geological features, big kelp forests swaying along the intertidal zone and an impressive diversity of birdsong.
Relax those weary legs as we take you and your gear back to your car or accommodation.
Book your Light to Light Adventure today – contact us below. If there is something we can to do tailor the tour to your specific needs, please let us know.